- I have been in the dog sport since 1991. I started with a 3 year old Doberman named Ares, but soon after achieving a Schutzhund 1, bought a German Shepherd puppy, and I was hooked!
- Since then I‘ve trained 4 dogs to IPO 3 , and others to BH, FH, and AD titles along the way.
- I’ve been a competitor at Club, Regional, and National levels, and have also competed at the WUSV. I have also served as Team Canada Captain, and co-Captain.
- From the start of my days in this sport, I have been a member of the Winnipeg Working Dog CIub, serving in all positions on the executive. I began the Canadian Judge’s program in 2006, and since then have judged in Canada, United States, and at the inaugural IPO trial in the Barbados.
- I have been on the Canadian Judge’s Committee, and for the past 2 years have been the National Helper Director. This is a great honour for me to be able to judge the Canadian Nationals alongside SV Judge Jens-Peter Fluegge.
- I wish all of the competitors the best of luck at this trial, and any more in the future. I also want to thank the organizing committee for this opportunity.